Almost 32,000 visitors flocked to sedate Bad Salzuflen the first weekend in December 2015 – the CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW would, thus, reinforce its status as the world leading fair for customized motorcycles.
From December 4th to December 6th, Bad Salzuflen hosted the CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW for the 11th time in a row. Three fair halls, 25,000 square meters, 300 exhibitioners, more than 800 radically modified motorcycles from all over the world and a Biker-Build-Off-Champion from Belarus made for yet another spectacular custom bike fair in 2015; the fair is the acknowledged pulse meter for customizing trends. Iron Works Magazine's own Marily Stemp from the U.S. recognized: “If you want to join the game on an international level, you have to visit this fair.”
The European Biker Build-Off 2015 provided the closest run in the history of the contest. Only seven votes ensured Yuri Shif's victory over his contestant Fabian Müller from Germany, and won him the custom bike scene's probably most important trophy. His wholly hand-made 1920ies styled board tracker thrilled visitors and experts alike. But also second-placed Müller's “Deep Throat”, a neat rigid frame bike with a real shovelhead engine, is a true winner.
For the participants of the International Custom Bike Championship Germany (ICCG) it was all about fame, honor, and trophies in 16 different classes – every victory equalling an accolade in the international bike building Champions League.
- Craziest Bike: Harley-Davidson Road King, Nedal A. Ameen, Dubai
- Best Paint/Airbrush: Harley-Davidson Sportster, Konstantinos Papastergiou, Germany
- Best Engineering: Jap, Piet Smits, Netherlands
- Best Sportsbike: Suzuki GT 750 Etienne Gerau, Germany
- Best Cafe Racer: BMW R50/6, Bernd Skatikat, Germandy
- Best Power Cruiser: Buell 1125 R, Chris Stirrup, England
- Best Chopper: Yamaha XS 650, Martin Becker/MB Cycles, Germany
- Best Bobber: Suzuki Intruder, Volker Löhning/Biker Schmiede Berlin, Germany
- Best Old School: Harley-Davidson Panhead, Timo Gorius, Germany
- Best Roadster: Honda CB 750 Kompressor, Michael Stamm, Germany
- Best Radical: Twin-Cam-Custombike, Florian Engel/Engelsschmiede, Germany
- Editors Choice DREAM-MACHINES: S&S-Custombike, Robert Nowakowski, Poland
- Editors Choice BIKERS NEWS: Opel Kadett Custombike, Stephan Sanderse, Netherlands
- Editors Choice CUSTOMBIKE: Triumph TRW 500, Michael Glaser, Germany
- Editors Choice ROADSTER: Kawasaki W 650, Stefan Trautmann, Germany
- Best of Show: Harley-Davidson Shovel, E. Cincik & Johnnys Garage, Germany
Other highlights of this year's CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW were provided for on the main stage with several multimedia shows, motorcycle premieres, and award shows, such as the annual customizing contest of CUSTOMBIKE magazine or the presentation of the Build Da Fukker Contest's spectacularly modified bikes. Along with a rich action packed program – be it the Miss CUSTOMBIKE voting or Henny Kroeze's rides in the Wall of Death – the CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW 2015 yet once more knew to enthrall the audience.
The next CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW will take place from December 2nd till December 4th, 2016.